Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Bristol Central, Bristol Eastern baseball and softball washed out, again

You can sum up the feelings of area coaches and athletic directors about the rain the last couple days in one sentence.
"Rain, rain, go away."
For the second straight day, Bristol Central and Bristol Eastern have seen their baseball and softball matchups rained out. Both games are moved to Thursday. Baseball will take place at 4:15 p.m. at Bristol Central, softball will play at 4:15 at Bristol Eastern. 
Those teams weren't the only ones to be rained out in Bristol. Bristol Central boys tennis saw its home match against Fermi moved to May 24, and the Central golf match at Southington was also postponed. That has been rescheduled to May 10 at Hawks Landing.
The schedules are pretty loaded for area teams, so makeup dates aren't as easy to find. Central baseball is now scheduled to play Avon tomorrow, Eastern on Thursday and Newington on Friday. Eastern baseball has Simsbury, Central and East Catholic on those same days.
Central softball has Simsbury tomorrow, Eastern on Thursday and Wethersfield on Friday. Eastern softball has Northwest Catholic, Central and New Britain on those same days.
The forecast for those days in the Bristol area, via the National Weather Service, is depressing. A 50 percent chance of showers Wednesday, followed by a 40 percent chance Thursday and a 60 percent chance Friday. The good news, if you can call it that, is Saturday's forecast is for partly sunny skies and a high of 67. This could be a LONG week.
Check out @BCHSprincipal and @BEHSAthletics on Twitter for schedule updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment